I was on Joe Rogan!!

OMG everyone,

it’s finally time :D!

You have no idea how hard it was for me to keep this a secret and not tell you anything, not even a hint, but I made it and now I feel SOOO relieved that I can actually say it.

I WAS ON JOE ROGAN!!!

Many of you have probably heard about him, but for those who haven’t he – Joe Rogan is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, podcasts out there.
And what few people know is that Joe Rogan actually speaks very good German, and one of the sources he used was… my blog!!
So a few months back his team reached out to me and asked if I was interested in coming on and I said yes.

In the three hours podcast we talked about life, global politics, German food and of course Joe’s struggles with the German cases.
And there’s a segment in there, where we talk German for five minutes.
So, without any further ado, let’s jump right in.

(player loads from Spotify, no account needed)

Listen to the Podcast

April, April :)

Let me know in the comments how you liked it and also what you think of Joe Rogans German :).
Have a great day and see you next time.

Liked the article?

Vollig losgelost
Vollig losgelost
4 days ago

Is that
..Rocko Schamoni?

jsmh
jsmh
25 days ago

ha ha ha ho ho ho ah

Bill
Bill
1 month ago

Dank sei Gott! Joe Rogan ewww. Bitte, sagst du uns dass du nicht ihn gern haben.

janguv
janguv
1 month ago

I wasn’t remotely tricked into thinking this happened, given the date and the general implausibility of it… BUT: Have to say I love that you used a picture of Jordan Peterson for your photo-edit. He is such a pompous Arschloch and I found this usage of his image very funny.

Meade
Meade
Reply to  janguv

Omg I’m so dumb…of course this is the Dr. Peterson Torso …

Meade
Meade
Reply to  German-is-easy

Yes, that; now to find a trusted word tie-in for the hostile manic alien fingers…standard Peterson form…

Meade
Meade
Reply to  German-is-easy

Yes. You may find them beginning to flap and flail quite vigorously on their own when people point out that you don’t understand Marx and have perhaps never even read anything from him despite your long fondness for speaking against his theories. However, press on. There is a way out for you…

janguv
janguv
Reply to  German-is-easy

Yes, I think the all-beef diet that his daughter shills to people over YouTube didn’t help him; then the benzo addiction; then rehabilitation in some obscure Russian facility. I don’t wish ill on any ma— Actually, scratch that, I do wish ill on some people. Specifically JBP. So his decline is pretty entertaining, especially in the context of his professed ideological commitment to “cleaning up your own room before trying to change the world”.

1 month ago

I belived it for a second :) you got me !

Brianba
Brianba
1 month ago

Hi Emmanuel could you please make an article on je-words like jeweil ?

Meade
Meade
1 month ago

Omg I thought this was real!!!!

sitamshrijal
sitamshrijal
1 month ago

I thought this was real. Damn you, April Fools.

Samuel
Samuel
1 month ago

You actually had me, goddamn it.

coleussanctus
coleussanctus
1 month ago

Nu credeam că Joe Rogan este genul meu de om, dar a fost o discuție interesantă și a avut un sfat bun despre cum să ne amintim genul substantivelor. Doar pentru a arăta că este bine să ai o minte deschisă. A, și cred că toată lumea ar trebui să facă podcast-uri cu papion de acum înainte :)

(Thanks, marko, for the inspiration :))

lisa
1 month ago

Very funny. As good as plastic ants in the bed. (Maybe better?)

Kamyar
Kamyar
1 month ago

Wow I just can’t believe it . I just got a one year subscription to this amazing website for free thanks to the donation that other people made to the fund program so people like me who can’t or unable to pay to use this website be able to use it for free. And thanks to Emanuel for his kindness and his patience. Love you all tnx

marko
marko
1 month ago

Ovo nije bilo baš fer, poslati po noći, tako sa se mi sjeveroamerikanci još onako pospani, tek provirivši na naše mobiće, uzalud nadamo! Da sam malo budniji bio, ne bi me zavaralo.

Für einen Kommentar zu einem solch gemeinen Aprilscherz ist jede Sprache geeignet.

peterlobl
1 month ago

He speaks no German, but is certainly a proud member of the NSDAP (i’ll let myself out)..

Max ROBERTS
Max ROBERTS
Reply to  peterlobl

Imagining Rogan as a Nazi surely makes middlebrow, mainstream media feel good.

If anything, Rogan leans left. Where Rogan departs from the Left you know, is he values the individual above the collective, will respectfully hear out conservative guests and will agree with them on individual political rights. Rogan would not invite Rightist screamers like Jesse Waters or Tucker Carlson, who would make audible conversation impossible. Rogan is enthusiastic about social welfare programs. He is okay with the armed services too but supported none of their last four wars or the huge defence budgets they needed.

You should like CNN’s middlebrow intellectual lights, eg., Mark Stelter, Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper, and prize thinker Jim Acosta.

Ravi
Ravi
1 month ago

Haha, I did not fall for that because I’m pretty sure Joe doesn’t speak German.
Also, sending my love to the German learning community. I just got a subscription thanks to the generosity of this community. I’ve been learning German on my own for almost a year and this will help me massively.
Thank you, Emmanuel and the team for putting out such useful content. You are a gift to the language learning community.

Last edited 1 month ago by Ravi