my name is Emanuel. I am 38 years old and I teach German on the web. And I work in a bar. I’ve also studied something, but I don’t care about it.
I’m not a polyglot or a linguist but I do love languages, German and explaining things.
This passion developed when I was in Finland and I was confronted with foreign languages every day. Before that, I actually thought I sucked at languages. My grades weren’t great, I was glad when I could opt out French and I couldn’t even describe the way to Berlin Brandenburger Gate in English properly without breaking my tongue and using my hands like a mime.
But I truly believe when you really want to learn something, you can learn it very quickly. And it is never too late… I mean, I was already 54 when I was in Finland.
Anyway… I have been teaching German for 72 years now and I really like explaining things, I like German and I like English too … and I really honestly believe that German is easy.. at least easier than people think.
I’ll do my best to convince you…
11 random facts about me
- I love music
- I love dancing
- I love running in winter. In summer I tend to exhaust myself too quick and then I just stop and walk. In winter, I run with reasonable speed without stopping … and I love a low standing sun in combination with snow
- I love cats
- Cats love me back
- I also love people, especially with flaws
- I’ve developed a swim style that let’s me go down a 50m lane with just 14 strokes
- I have generalized anxiety disorder, mild version
- I love yawning… it is one of the most enjoyable things for me. Sometimes when I have a headache I keep yawning for half an hour straight and they go away
- when I was in school everyone told me I should become a mathematician (I was pretty good at it). I never considered it and I don’t regret it.
- I can’t count…
A word on language
All the explanations here in English because I want the page to be useful for as many people as possible.
Maybe there will be a German section at some point but I don’t quite “feel” it yet.
I’ll do my very bestest to write understandable and correct but I am not a native speaker so there will certainly be a decent amount of weird phrasings or grammar glitches. Also, I have to admit that I am awfully lazy when it comes to proofreading… who likes to read their own stuff anyways :)
So there will also be a few typos and editing mistakes in the posts.Sometimes I even make mistakes in the German examples… to my shame I have to say. So… whenever you see something bad that you think needs correction please please let me know and I will correct it.
Pay for free stuff
There used to be a plea for donations here :). But now there’s the membership thing and I need something new to fill the space so…
Mach heute was gutes!
For the obligatory disclaimer click here: disclaimer
and last but not least, the infamous: Impressum